Protest in Istanbul commemorating Uludere massacre
34 Kurdish civilians were killed by Turkish warplanes late at night in late December 2011. They were mostly teenagers, smuggling food into their village. Dozens of protesters in Istanbul commemorated the Uludere massacre today. Judging by the lack of reports on this protest within Turkish media, you’d almost think there were no protests.
The Turkish government has not led an independent investigation into this matter, it has merely ignored the legitimate grievances of Kurdish people, and continues to treat Kurdish people indiscriminately. You can read some of our previous coverage of this incident:
(1) 34 Kurdish civilians killed by Turkish warplanes – Video
(2) AKR calls for protests against Turkish brutality towards Kurds
(3) Kurds in London hold protest in memory of Uludere victims
(4) Turkish General Staff knew Uludere victims were not PKK rebels
(5) BDP refers Turkish air raids to Hague Court